Woman, 22, accused of causing teenage passenger’s death by careless driving on road to Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A woman has appeared in court charged with causing the death by careless driving of a front seat passenger in her car.
Bethany Sanders is accused of causing the death by careless driving of 17-year-old Isabelle Cottrell in a collision on the outskirts of Hadleigh last summer.
The crash happened on the A1071, near the junction of Coram Street, at about 10pm on Saturday, June 17.
Miss Cottrell, known as Izzy, from Boxford, was the front seat passenger in a Vauxhall Corsa driven by the 22-year-old towards Ipswich.
The teenager, a Colchester Institute bricklaying student, was treated by an ambulance crew but died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Sanders, of Homefield, Boxford, who sustained minor injuries, entered no plea during a hearing at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
She was released on unconditional bail until a plea and directions hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on December 10.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge