Suspect bailed after pregnant woman allegedly assaulted on A14
- Credit: Archant
A man has been released on bail following his arrest in connection with an alleged assault on a pregnant woman.
Police closed part of the A14 after a pregnant woman was reportedly involved in a domestic incident in which a car window was smashed.
Officers received a report of an assault on a woman in her 30s at about 6.20pm on Sunday, August 2.
The woman, who was driving at the time, was said to be involved in a domestic incident with a man, and that a window was broken.
The car stopped on the A14 at Beyton and the man left the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said officers conducted an extensive search, which necessitated the closure of the A14 in the interests of safety.
A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault in Clay Road, Bury St Edmunds, earlier the next morning.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
He has been released on police bail until August 23.