Bid to create a tribute to Kyle
IPSWICH: A group of teenagers is hosting a series of events to raise funds to create a lasting memorial for tragic teenager Kyle Lillington.
It has been five months since the 19-year-old died after jumping in front of a train from a bridge in Woodbridge Road, in a drama which unfolded in front of police officers’ eyes.
Maddy Risebrow, who was one of the teenager’s closest school friends, said she felt it was important to honour Kyle.
The 18-year-old said: “He was one of my closest friends at Claydon High.
“We were a close group at the time and although we grew apart after school, we all wanted to do something to remember him.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hoping to raise about �500 so that we can have a bench at the school with a plaque in Kyle’s honour.
“He had such a good heart and even though he had problems of his own, he would instantly put everyone else before himself.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
“If he was down, he would always bounce back. He was just lovely to me – and to everyone.”
Maddy and fundraising partner Aaron Beckett, 19, are also being supported by staff at Claydon High School.
She added: “Kyle, Aaron and me were all in the same friendship group – it’s only right we do this. The school are supporting us every step of the way.”
To raise funds for the tribute to Kyle, who died on December 11, the duo have arranged a car wash at the school and are also hoping to arrange a sponsored walk.
n Are you raising money for a good cause? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org