Big boost to Panthers season tickets
PETERBOROUGH fans have backed the club's new-look…with a whopping increase in season ticket sales.The Panthers have reported a 48% increase in take-up and there is still a month left before the deadline.
PETERBOROUGH fans have backed the club's new-look…with a whopping increase in season ticket sales.
The Panthers have reported a 48% increase in take-up and there is still a month left before the deadline.
It's a remarkable vote of confidence in owners Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney who saved the club from closure in August, 2008.
They restored the Panthers' reputation in their first full season in charge last year and have made major changes during the winter.
You may also want to watch:
Only two riders from last season's squad, which missed out on the Elite League play-offs, have been retained.
They have brought in a handful of big-name signings, unveiled a brand new logo and have upgraded the website in a bid to woo new fans to the East of England Showground for the 40th Anniversary 2010 campaign that opens on Monday, March 15.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
Frost said: “It is good from the point of view of more fans committing themselves to coming to most meetings this season.
“It's also an indication that they are as optimistic as we are about the season and a sign that they like the look of the team.”
New faces include Australian World Cup star Troy Batchelor, runner-up in his country's national championship earlier this month, and Great Britain World Cup racer Lewis Bridger, who is also the current British Under 21 Champion.
Fans wanting season tickets have until February 15 to purchase them and application forms are available on the Panthers' website (www.peterboroughspeedway.co.uk) and at a special video evening at the city's Marriott Hotel on Wednesday, January 27 (8pm start).