College attracts crowds to its Big Day Out for potential students
- Credit: Archant
A fun and educational event at a college in Suffolk attracted around a thousand visitors on Sunday.
The “Big Day Out” took place at the Suffolk campus of Easton and Otley College.
It was aimed at showing the community and potential students the types of skills you could learn at the land-based college.
Activities on offer included tree climbing, dog agility demonstrations, a livestock show, animal handling, sports activities and members from the sales team got all aboard a ‘fun bus’ to dish out advice on apprenticeships.
External companies such as The Cheese and Pie Man, Barn Farm Drinks and the RSPCA also attended.
You may also want to watch:
Head of marketing, Sara Rushworth, said, “We would like to thank the local community for supporting this event. Our staff pulled out all the stops to help showcase what a great college we are.
“It was a glorious day. Next up it’s all systems go for the Suffolk Show.”
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence