Big Night Out promises great spectacle
AROUND 8,000 people are expected at one of Suffolk's premier fireworks displays tonight.Organisers of the Big Night Out in Long Melford, near Sudbury are promising a fantastic show.
AROUND 8,000 people are expected at one of Suffolk's premier fireworks displays tonight.
Organisers of the Big Night Out in Long Melford, near Sudbury are promising a fantastic show. A dazzling display of more than �11,000 worth of fireworks is ready to go off in the stunning grounds of Melford Hall.
The group of volunteers who make up Project Seven, which puts on the annual showpiece for charity, have built an 11ft bonfire with 36 guys made by schoolchildren whose heads will explode.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Hagger, events administrator, said: “It is a relaxed family atmosphere set in pleasant parkland and it will be spectacular.”
An array of fairground rides will provide additional entertainment.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
Gates to the East Anglian Daily Times-sponsored event open at 6pm with the ignition of the bonfire kicking off at 8pm, ahead of the main event when the fireworks are set off from 8.30pm.
People are being asked not to bring alcoholic drink along to the family event as it will be confiscated by police at the entrance as they look to clamp down on any anti-social behaviour.
Tickets will be available on the gate tonight at �6 for adults and �4 for children.