Big plans for the Regal Theatre in Stowmarket with option of a second screen being considered
- Credit: Archant
A second screen could be installed at a theatre which had a record-breaking 2014.
The Regal Theatre in Stowmarket had more than 100 sell-out performances last year and is set for expansion.
Around £300,000 is expected to be available to improve the Stowmarket Town Council-run facility in 2016.
The capacity is set to be increase by 25% and the red-brick front of the building could be modernised. And now bosses at the council are looking at installing a second screen as part of the plans.
David Marsh, theatre manager, said: “It’s fantastic news that things are moving forward with the expansion project. Admissions have grown year-on-year for the past eight years and we had well over 100 sell out performances in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
“These works will help to ensure that the Regal continues to meet the needs of our loyal customer.”
David Blackburn, town clerk, said: “We know how much the Regal Theatre means to local people and the town council is willing to invest in its future.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash