Popular big screens to return to Portman Road for England v Croatia World Cup semi-final
- Credit: Archant
Two big LED screens will be put in place at Ipswich Town’s Portman Road to screen England’s World Cup semi-final against Croatia.
The Fanzone will once again be opening its doors to those who wish to watch the Three Lions in World Cup action.
Three-thousand fans packed into the zone on Saturday to enjoy England beating Sweden 2-0.
Now bosses at Ipswich Town believe that there could be even more fans present as England take on Croatia.
There had been some doubt over whether the club would be able to host a further viewing as a private event was already due to be held there.
Insurance company AXA had been due to hold its own event in the Fanzone on Wednesday but was happy to move its event when it became clear that it could clash with a momentous game for the national team.
The ground will be open from 4.30pm for fans, with the club promising more bars and eateries to ensure that all fans enjoy the game.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 6 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 7 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 10 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
Kick-off for the match will be at 7pm.