Big storm: Communities still without power in aftermath of St Jude’s storm — are you affected?
- Credit: Archant
Many places in Suffolk and north Essex are still powerless in the wake of St Jude’s storm which swept through the region yesterday.
While UK Power Networks work to get homes reconnected to the network some people are having to stay with friends and relatives or team up with neighbours to keep warm, cook and stay safe.
Home and businessowners enquiring with UK Power Networks for an update on when power will be returned to them have been told it could be anywhere between 24 and 36 hours.
Below is a list of the areas known to be still without power (in alphabetical order).
You may also want to watch:
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
Copdock & Washbrook
Creeting St Mary
Do you know of any other areas that are still without power after yesterday’s storm? Or is your town/village listed here but power has been restored to you? Let us know:
Twitter - @EADT24 and @IpswichStar24
email - email@example.com