Biker is killed near Stradbroke
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed in a road accident when his machine hit a telegraph pole.The man, who has not yet been named by police, died at the scene of the crash which happened on the B1117 road near Stradbroke.
A MOTORCYCLIST was killed in a road accident when his machine hit a telegraph pole.
The man, who has not yet been named by police, died at the scene of the crash which happened on the B1117 road near Stradbroke.
Police said he was driving his BMW on the Eye side of the B1117 when the accident took place just before 4pm yesterday.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "A single fatal road traffic accident occurred shortly before 4pm on the B1117, on the Eye side of the road near to Stradbroke.
"A single vehicle was involved, namely a BMW motorcycle, the rider of which died at the scene.
"At the point of the collision, it appears that the rider has struck a telegraph pole on the road.
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 3 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 6 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following 1-0 win at Burton
- 8 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 9 20 years since bodies of Holly and Jessica found in Suffolk
- 10 'We deserved more' - Burton boss on Town defeat
"The person that died was a male, but we cannot give an age at this stage. Suffolk police are unable to release any further details of the person involved in the crash, pending notification of next of kin."
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the crash to come forward and contact Pc Newson, of the Halesworth Traffic Unit, on 01473 613500.