Bildeston: Man found stabbed to death named locally as Brian Knock - man arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Archant
A man found stabbed to death in a garden in Bildeston has been named locally as Brian Knock.
A 44-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the 38-year-old died this morning.
Police were contacted by the ambulance service around 4.15am and attended the property at Brooksfield, in Bildeston.
The victim was found in a front garden with stab wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene just before 5am.
A post-mortem examination carried out at Ipswich Hospital yesterday revealed the 38-year-old died from multiple stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
The 44-year-old has been taken into custody at Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he is being quizzed by detectives.
He is believed to be known to Mr Knock but not related, a Suffolk police spokesman said tonight.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
Officers have cordoned off two areas of the village to allow forensic examinations to take place but the road had reopened.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Suffolk Police on 101.