Bildeston: Man found stabbed to death named locally as Brian Knock - man arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Archant
A man found stabbed to death in a garden in Bildeston has been named locally as Brian Knock.
A 44-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the 38-year-old died this morning.
Police were contacted by the ambulance service around 4.15am and attended the property at Brooksfield, in Bildeston.
The victim was found in a front garden with stab wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene just before 5am.
A post-mortem examination carried out at Ipswich Hospital yesterday revealed the 38-year-old died from multiple stab wounds.
The 44-year-old has been taken into custody at Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he is being quizzed by detectives.
He is believed to be known to Mr Knock but not related, a Suffolk police spokesman said tonight.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 4 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 5 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
- 6 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 7 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 8 'I'd bet on Ipswich to get promoted' - Burton assistant praises Town
- 9 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 10 Flood alert issued for coastal towns
Officers have cordoned off two areas of the village to allow forensic examinations to take place but the road had reopened.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Suffolk Police on 101.