Billy Sanders reminder at Foxhall Stadium
FORMER Ipswich Witches favourite Nigel Flatman is back in town and he’ll be making a significant presentation at tomorrow’s home Elite League meeting against Peterborough Panthers.
Flatman has travelled over with his family from his current base in Perth, Western Australia for a fortnight’s break bringing Billy Sanders’ leathers with him.
These will be handed over at Foxhall Stadium to Nigel and Frances Gabbitas from GAB Racing who will be adding to their already well stocked Billy Sanders memorabilia collection.
The leathers, which Sanders used in his final year of racing a prior to his death in 1985, will also be exhibited at the national speedway museum.
The plan is to have a Weslake machine that Sanders used on hand for Flatman to complete tomorrow a few circuits of the Foxhall stock car track.
You may also want to watch:
Flatman, who was brought up at Felixstowe, was one of the last people to see Sanders alive before the Australian and adopted son of Suffolk committed suicide to shock the speedway world.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'