Bingo player’s �250,000 jackpot joy
A COLCHESTER woman has found herself �250,000 richer after she won big at bingo in the town.
The woman, who has asked to remain anonymous, was playing the popular game with her friend at Gala Bingo last week when she made the all-important “full house” call.
She scooped a grand total of �250,000 but every player in the club also shared in the success of the “High 5” game’s prize pot - meaning 248 people walked away with more than �500 each.
The winner said: “I am absolutely ecstatic with the win. It hasn’t sunk in yet. I’m going to spend the money on home improvements and a holiday.
“My friend and I have played bingo together at Gala Colchester for 14 years.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve always dreamed of winning the big one and we always said that we’d split it between us.
“We were so pleased we called on number five and got to share the jackpot with the rest of the club. We won’t stop coming to Gala Bingo though – we love it.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
The club’s general manager Steve Riley said: “We’re absolutely thrilled for her.
“Someone from another club called ‘house’ at the same time so we thought the jackpot would be split two ways – but that turned out to be a false call.
“Everyone was so shocked – the players were all looking round in disbelief while the news sunk in. It took a while for everyone to calm down after that.
“The atmosphere was electric. All the players were thanking the winner for helping them win �504 each.”