New pop-up clothing shop opens at historic water tower
- Credit: Archant
A clothing firm which pays homage to Suffolk’s rich fishing history has opened a new pop-up shop at a historic coastal water tower.
Blackshore Clothing Company will trade at Southwold's Old Water Tower throughout late August and September.
The company was founded in 2017 in a bid to revive garment manufacturing,using materials that originate from within the British Isles - with owner Simon Middleton saying: "It's the sort of clothing people would've worn on the docks 100 years ago."
Earlier this year Blackshore Clothing Company moved into new premises in Whapload Road, Lowestoft in an old fishing net factory.
It started with one seamstress hand-making clothes, but hopes to recruit more people in the future.
You may also want to watch:
The pop-up shop in Southwold will sell knitwear, jackets, shirts, T-shirts and more.
It is open between 9.30am and 5pm at weekends.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family