Blaze at Mwah Tanning Studio in Sudbury

Fire at tanning studio (stock photo)

Fire at tanning studio (stock photo)

Fire crews were sent to Mwah Tanning Studio in Sudbury after reports of a sunbed smoking.

Suffolk and Fire Rescue Service was alerted to the King Street blaze at 4.49pm.

Two crews from Sudbury were initially sent, and then requested assistance from Long Melford and the Aerial Ladder Platform from Colchester.

A spokeswoman for the brigade said no one was injured in the fire, which was located on the ground floor.

Firefighters made sure the blaze had not spread into adjacent properties.


You may also want to watch:


Two hose reels, one 45ml jet and six breathing apparatus were used to extinguish the fire and by 6.06pm.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus