Blaze at Suffolk food firm
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a blaze at a Suffolk food firm tonight.The alarm was raised at the Two Sisters Food Group at Haughley Park, Haughley, just before 9pm where a fire had started involving flash fryers.
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze at a Suffolk food firm tonight.
The alarm was raised at the Two Sisters Food Group at Haughley Park, Haughley, just before 9pm where a fire had started involving flash fryers.
Crews were called from Elmswell, Stowmarket, Needham Market and Bury St Edmunds to deal with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Six firefighters used breathing apparatus as they entered the building and they used a combination of foam, dry powder and C02 extinguishers to bring the incident under control at around 10pm.
The property was then ventilated and checked with a thermal imaging camera. The extent of the damage is not yet clear.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
Meanwhile, there was a second factory fire at Birds Eye in Whapload Road, Lowestoft.
It also started just before 9pm and involved a large oil fryer, and the incident was under control within 45 minutes.