Blaze at Suffolk food firm
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a blaze at a Suffolk food firm tonight.The alarm was raised at the Two Sisters Food Group at Haughley Park, Haughley, just before 9pm where a fire had started involving flash fryers.
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze at a Suffolk food firm tonight.
The alarm was raised at the Two Sisters Food Group at Haughley Park, Haughley, just before 9pm where a fire had started involving flash fryers.
Crews were called from Elmswell, Stowmarket, Needham Market and Bury St Edmunds to deal with the incident.
Six firefighters used breathing apparatus as they entered the building and they used a combination of foam, dry powder and C02 extinguishers to bring the incident under control at around 10pm.
The property was then ventilated and checked with a thermal imaging camera. The extent of the damage is not yet clear.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 8 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 9 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 10 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
Meanwhile, there was a second factory fire at Birds Eye in Whapload Road, Lowestoft.
It also started just before 9pm and involved a large oil fryer, and the incident was under control within 45 minutes.