Blaze at sugar factory in Bury St Edmunds among fire service call outs in west Suffolk today
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have attended to incidents in the west of Suffolk this afternoon.
The first was at 2.23pm in Emmanuel Close, Mildenhall where a shed was on fire.
One crew from the town attended at used a hose reel spray to bring the blaze under control.
At 2.56pm three crews from Bury St Edmunds were sent to a fire at the British Sugar Factor on the outskirts of the town.
The incident, in a carpentry workshop, was tackled by two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.
You may also want to watch:
They had brought the fire under control within half-an-hour using a single hose reel.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 6 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth