Blaze in Ipswich laundrette shop
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire which started in a tumble drier in a laundrette.
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to a fire which started in a tumble drier in a laundrette.
The blaze broke out in St Matthew's Street, Ipswich, at about 7.50pm last night. Two fire crews were called to the scene and the fire was under control 30 minutes later.
Employee Sassad Arif, whose brother owns the launderette, said he was called by a friend who had spotted the crews outside the row of shops.
Mr Arif, who lives nearby, went to have a look and discovered that they were dealing with a blaze inside the launderette, which had been caused by a tumble drier over heating.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “There were clothes in the tumble drier and the machine had obviously got too hot. It was not on.
“I think the people living nearby smelt something and called the fire brigade. I want to thank the firefighters for helping us.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
“Luckily it was not very serious and it hasn't caused any damage to anything else.”
The fire is not being treated as suspicious.