Blogger hosts fundraiser at Rough Diamond tattoo studio in Stowmarket to break mental health ‘taboo’
- Credit: Archant
A young blogger whose poor mental health left her too afraid to leave her house has held a fundraising day for Mind.
Molly Garnham, 24, has donated more than £1,200 to the mental health charity following an event at Rough Diamond tattoo studio in Stowmarket, which she runs with her husband, Bryce.
She said: “I have suffered with anxiety and depression since I was 15 so I wanted to raise awareness because it’s a real taboo subject.
“I have a blog which people say really helps so I thought I would put on this day to try and raise awareness.
“I ended up housebound for two years. I was terrified. It got me really bad.”
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising event took place on Saturday, November 11, and Mrs Garnham donated the profits made in the tattoo studio that day to Mind.
Mrs Garnham writes a blog about her experiences with poor mental health called Anxiety and Me.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 9 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 10 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide