Blues owner Marcus Evans’ wealth rises up £65million to £765m, placing him fourth in The Sunday Times Rich List for East Anglia
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town owner Marcus Evans is £65million richer than last year, according to The Sunday Times Rich List.
He is now worth £765million – putting him fourth in the top ten rich list for East Anglia.
The richest is Kirsten Rausing and her family who despite being down £100m from 2014 their wealth still stands at £1,186m.
Ms Rausing, 62, is a major shareholder her family’s business, best known for its milk and juice cartons, and she is a well known horse breeder, owning two Suffolk stud farms and the Staffordstown Stud in Ireland.
The Earl of Iveagh, a descendant of Arthur Guinness, who invented the famous stout in 1759, and the Guinness family are third on the region’s list.
You may also want to watch:
He is the chair of the company that runs the Guinness family’s financial affairs including their stake in Diageo, the drinks giant which now owns Guinness, and is worth £200m. He owns the Elveden estate in Suffolk as well as 2,400 acres in Canada.
The full list will be published in the Sunday Times this coming weekend.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park