Blythburgh: Boy, 17, arrested over road crash in which two men died
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after two men died in a road crash at the weekend.
At around 9.30pm on Saturday police received a report that a grey Citroen Berlingo had collided with the White Hart pub on the A12 in Blythburgh.
Christopher Doran, a 19-year-old man from Cheltenham and Jonny Cash, an 18-year-old from Ashford were pronounced deceased on scene.
Four other males, believed to be in their late teens/early twenties, were also injured in the collision.
One remains in Addenbrooke’s Hospital and two others remain in Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital - all in a stable condition.
A fourth male, who was taken to Ipswich Hospital and released today, has since been arrested by police.
The 17-year-old boy from the Wokingham area has been taken to the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he awaits questioning.
- 1 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 2 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 3 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
- 4 'There are qualities we want to add' - McKenna on Town transfer targets
- 5 Victorian water tower set to become restaurant
- 6 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 7 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 8 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 9 Landlord fined £23k over 'dangerous' electrics and broken toilets at homes
- 10 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
Anyone with information should contact police at the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.