Blythburgh: Boy, 17, arrested over road crash in which two men died
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after two men died in a road crash at the weekend.
At around 9.30pm on Saturday police received a report that a grey Citroen Berlingo had collided with the White Hart pub on the A12 in Blythburgh.
Christopher Doran, a 19-year-old man from Cheltenham and Jonny Cash, an 18-year-old from Ashford were pronounced deceased on scene.
Four other males, believed to be in their late teens/early twenties, were also injured in the collision.
One remains in Addenbrooke’s Hospital and two others remain in Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital - all in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth male, who was taken to Ipswich Hospital and released today, has since been arrested by police.
The 17-year-old boy from the Wokingham area has been taken to the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he awaits questioning.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 9 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
Anyone with information should contact police at the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.