Blythburgh: Crews extinguish tumble dryer fire in kitchen

Crews have put out a tumble dryer fire

Crews have put out a tumble dryer fire - Credit: Archant

Smoke from a tumble dryer fire filled the room when crews arrived in Blythburgh earlier.

Crews from Southwold, Reydon and Halesworth were called just after 2.40pm to London Road.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and jets to extinguish the fire which had started in the kitchen.

The building, which was smoke logged, measured 20 metres by 6 metres.

The fire was under control by 3.30pm. Crews were back at their stations by 4pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus