Blythburgh: Three now under arrest over fatal A12 crash which killed two teenagers
- Credit: Archant
Three young men are now under arrest following a fatal crash at Blythburgh in which two teenagers were killed.
Shortly after the tragedy, which occurred on November 23 last year at the White Hart public house on the A12, police said a 17-year-old man – who is now aged 18 - had been arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving.
However, officers have now revealed three others were subsequently detained on suspicion of the same offence, although one has since been told he is no longer a suspect.
The remaining three are still on police bail pending the outcome of the inquiry.
The collision happened when the driver of a grey Citroen Berlingo struck the pub at 9:30pm.
Two of the vehicle’s occupants, 19-year-old Christopher Doran from Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, and 18-year-old Jonny Cash from Ashford, Kent, were certified dead at the scene.
Nishan Wijeratne, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary, said: “Four other male occupants were treated in hospital after sustaining a variety of injuries.
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Fire crews spend eight hours tackling north Suffolk field blaze overnight
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 'It's a very exciting time for us' - Suffolk golf club plans submitted
- 6 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 7 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 8 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 9 Stu says: Six observations following 1-0 win at Burton
- 10 5 fantastic village shops to visit in Suffolk
“They were all later arrested on suspicion of causing deaths by dangerous driving.
“An 18-year-old man from Wokingham, a 20-year-old man from Swindon, and a 19-year-old man from St Albans, are currently on police bail until Thursday, August 21, pending further enquiries.
“A 20-year-old man from Gloucester, who had also been arrested and released on police bail pending further enquiries has since been released from his police bail and without charge.”