BMW set on fire in Combs Ford, Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
Two people were seen running away from the scene of a car fire in Stowmarket in the early hours of this morning, police have said.
A member of the public reported to police that a black BMW had been set alight in Ipswich Road, Combs Ford at 00.17am. Police arrived and reported the incident to the fire brigade.
There were no injuries following the blaze, which had been extinguished by 00.37am.
The force spokesman said that two males ran off from the scene. One was seen wearing a “black top” and the other was seen wearing a “grey-hooded top”.
“They possibly got into a silver Vauxhall Astra around the corner,” the force spokesman added.
She said that the vehicle may have travelled in the direction of Great Finborough.
Three fire engines attended the incident; from Needham Market, Stowmarket, and Elmswell, according to the fire brigade.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
A police investigation remains ongoing. If you can help police, call 101.