Body discovered off beach is young woman
THE body of a woman who was discovered in the water next to Clacton Pier has been identified by police.
Emma Jane Fitsimmons, 30, from the Clacton area, died of drowning, a preliminary post mortem has found.
Detectives investigating the death of the women who was discovered on Saturday October 30 are appealing for help from the public in tracing her last movements.
A member of the public alerted the emergency services after her body was spotted around 1pm on in the water just off the beach near Pier Avenue.
Her death is currently being investigated as unexplained. The preliminary PM result showed that she died of drowning.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to speak to anyone who remembers seeing Emma Jane in the days or hours leading up to her death.
Anyone with any information, however insignificant that it may appear, is asked to contact detectives at the major investigation team at Stanway on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car