Search for missing man called-off after body found in Calais
- Credit: Essex Police
Essex Police have suspended their search for a missing Clacton man after a body was found off the coast of France.
Police were notified yesterday, Monday, November 5, that a man’s body had been found in the sea near Calais.
The body was discovered on Wednesday October 31. No formal identification has yet taken place but police have informed Peter Hyatt’s family of events.
The 76-year-old retired car dealer was reported missing from his Clacton home on Friday, October 26.
He was last seen in the Magdalen Green area at 5.45pm on Sunday, October 21.
You may also want to watch:
His family were said to be “very concerned for his welfare”.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence