Body found in search for missing man Brian Nunn
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed a body has been found in the search for 82-year-old Brian Nunn, who went missing from his Suffolk home two weeks ago.
Mr Nunn, who has dementia, was reported missing after leaving home on foot, in Abbey Road, Leiston, at about 10am on Friday, July 19.
A dash cam captured the 82-year-old walking along Lovers Lane towards Sizewell at around 3pm that same day, but he has not been seen since.
Police have now confirmed the body of a man has been found at Dunwich following two weeks of searches, carried out by a combination of officers, volunteers from Suffolk Lowland Search & Rescue (SULSAR), and members of the local community.
The body was discovered by a member of the SULSAR team in a field at about 7.40pm last night, Thursday, August 1.
You may also want to watch:
The death is being treated as unexplained and further enquiries will be conducted. Formal identification of the man is yet to be carried out.
Mr Nunn's family have been informed of this development.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad