Body found on beach at Minsmere believed to be Carol Smalley reported missing from Lincolnshire
- Credit: Norfolk Police
The body of a woman – believed to be that of a missing 54-year-old from Lincolnshire, was found washed up on the beach at Minsmere this morning.
Suffolk police were called to the beach by Minsmere Nature Reserve at around 9.50am this morning after it was reported by an RSPB member.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: “Formal identification of the female body is due to take place, but the body is believed to be that of 54-year-old Carol Smalley, reported missing from Lincolnshire on Wednesday 3 January.”
Her family’s next of kin have been informed.
Officers are not treating her death as suspicious, and a file is being prepared for the coroner.
Clothes and a bag were found on the beach there.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 10 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital