Body found on beach at Minsmere believed to be Carol Smalley reported missing from Lincolnshire
- Credit: Norfolk Police
The body of a woman – believed to be that of a missing 54-year-old from Lincolnshire, was found washed up on the beach at Minsmere this morning.
Suffolk police were called to the beach by Minsmere Nature Reserve at around 9.50am this morning after it was reported by an RSPB member.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: “Formal identification of the female body is due to take place, but the body is believed to be that of 54-year-old Carol Smalley, reported missing from Lincolnshire on Wednesday 3 January.”
Her family’s next of kin have been informed.
Officers are not treating her death as suspicious, and a file is being prepared for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
Clothes and a bag were found on the beach there.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash