Body found on Suffolk beach identified as missing Chelsie Dack

The body discovered on Sizewell beach has been identified as Chelsie Dack, from Gorleston Picture: N

The body discovered on Sizewell beach has been identified as Chelsie Dack, from Gorleston Picture: NORFOLK CONSTABULARY - Credit: Archant

The body of a woman found washed up on a Suffolk beach has been identified as missing Chelsie Dack, pending formal inquest proceedings.

Police were notified at around 8pm on Monday after a member of the public discovered a body that had washed up onto the beach at Sizewell.

A post-mortem examination took place on Wednesday and identified the body of 23-year-old Chelsie Dack, from Gorleston in Norfolk.

Her family have been informed and a file is being prepared for the coroner.

Ms Dack, who worked at Howard’s Estate Agents in Lowestoft, had been missing since the early hours of Monday, April 20.

You may also want to watch:

She was last seen at her home in High Street on Sunday night and was reported missing at 3am the next morning.

Police led a search effort involving National Police Air Service, the coastguard, RNLI and Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue and the coastguard helicopter.

Most Read

Ms Dack’s disappearance also sparked an outcry of support from the community, with many willing to assist with the search.

A Facebook group named Find Chelsie Dack was also set up, quickly amassing 12,000 followers.

However, police urged nearby residents and continue to obey restrictions imposed by the coronavirus lockdown, stressing it was “not currently appropriate due to the public health restrictions in place”.

Ms Dack’s mother, Dawn Howell, described her daughter as the “bubbliest, most cheerful person” and said her disappearance was “very out the ordinary”.

Ms Howell also said she and her family had been “overwhelmed” by the outpouring of support from the community.

CCTV footage appeared to show Ms Dack walking towards the pier in Gorleston, where her mobile phone was found by a member of the public.

After police had not heard from Ms Dack and she had not used her mobile phone or accessed her online bank accounts, it was suspected she had entered the water.

The search was stood down on April 22, two days after her disappearance.

Ms Dack’s body was discovered more than three weeks after she disappeared.

MORE: Body of woman found on Suffolk beach – parents of missing Chelsie Dack informed

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter