Body of woman found on Suffolk beach – parents of missing Chelsie Dack informed
- Credit: Archant
The body of a woman has been washed up on a Suffolk beach – with police informing the family of a 23-year-old who has been missing since April 20.
Police received a call from a member of the public on Monday night after they reported discovering a body that had washed up onto Sizewell beach.
A post-mortem examination will take place in due course to identify the body, and the coroners’ office has been informed.
However, police say the parents of Chelsie Dack have been informed.
Chelsie went missing from her home in High Street, Gorleston, in the early hours of Monday, April 20, prompting Norfolk police to begin a search.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV footage appeared to show Ms Dack walking towards the pier in Gorleston, where her mobile phone was found later that morning by a member of the public.
Police suspected she had entered the water as she had not been heard from.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 9 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
The search for Ms Dack was stood down, but CCTV enquiries continued.