Body is found on rail track
POLICE are investigating after the body of a teenager was discovered lying on a railway line in west Suffolk.
The grim discovery was made shortly before 8.15pm on Wednesday night at Green Road in Newmarket.
The death is being investigated by British Transport police who say it is being treated as “unexplained’’.
The circumstances surrounding the death remain unclear, though it is understood the boy was in collision with the 6.16pm Ipswich to Cambridge train prior to his death.
The identity of the 17-year-old has not yet been confirmed though it is understood he is from the Newmarket area.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification of the teenager is expected to take place later today.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm