Body of man found in the sea at Frinton in Essex
The body of a 69-year-old man was found in the sea at Frinton this morning.
Emergency services were called just after 8am today, Friday, November 17, to reports that a man’s body had been discovered close to The Esplanade.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokeswoman for Essex Police said the man’s family have been informed of his death.
“His death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service added: “The East of England Ambulance Service received an emergency 999 call to The Esplanade in Frinton-On-Sea this morning, November 17, at 8.05am after reports that a male was unconscious and not breathing.
“Multiple emergency vehicles were sent including an air ambulance and members of the Hazardous Area Response Team (HART).
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 7 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 8 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 9 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
“The clinicians administered advanced life support on scene but despite their best efforts the patient was pronounced deceased at scene.”