Bogus callers steal cash from 93-year-old
A 93-year-old woman fell victim to bogus callers after two men entered her house in Rectory Road, Ipswich, claiming to check if there had been a burglary.
IPSWICH: A 93-year-old woman fell victim to bogus callers after two men entered her house in Rectory Road, Ipswich, claiming to check if there had been a burglary.
Police are searching for two men, one of whom entered the elderly woman's lounge during the visit, between 8am and noon on Wednesday, November 11.
After the men left, the victim discovered a quantity of cash had been stolen.
The first man is described as white and aged in his 30s or 40s. The second man is also described as white.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the theft can contact DC John Kirby at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed