Boiler room fire at launderette

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze which broke out in the boiler room of a launderette.

Fire crews from Halesworth and Bungay were sent shortly after 4pm to Bridge Street, Halesworth, where a fire had been reported in the boiler room of a launderette.

But a member of the public had put the fire out using a dry powder extinguisher before crews arrived.

The cause of the fire has been put down to a faulty electric motor.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus