Book detailing history of Elmswell raises more than £1,200 for village library
- Credit: Archant
A book of rare picture postcards and prints of Elmswell over the past 100 years has helped to raise more than £1,200 for the village’s library.
‘Elmswell Through a Black and White Postcard’ was created by Paul Peachey to showcase the postcards he has collected over the years.
The book took over two years to create and has been on sale locally with Mr Peachey offering to donate the profits to Elmswell Library Friends.
The prints show how the life in the village has changed over the last century.
Mr Peachey presented a cheque to the Elmswell Library Friends (ELF) at the library’s fundraising wine tasting event tonight.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy Jewell, chairman of ELF, said: “We are incredibly grateful to Paul for donating the proceeds from his book which is the culmination of many years collating these prints which give a unique glimpse into the life of our village over the past 100 years.”
Mr Peachey said: “A big thank you to the people of Elmswell for not only purchasing a copy of my book, but the reward in giving something back to Elmswell Library Friends.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 10 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
“Copies went as far as Australia and various parts of America. We must also thank the Mace, pharmacy and post office for helping sell the books for me.”
The book is still available to buy but there are only 50 left.