Bookings now open for Bury St Edmunds’ first ice rink
- Credit: Contributed
The first ice rink in Bury St Edmunds is hoped to bring in thousands of visitors over the Christmas period.
Advance ticket sales for the real ice rink have opened earlier than expected, as organisers anticipate the project’s popularity. The ice rink, which will be located in the middle of the Arc shopping centre, is being organised by the Business Improvement District for the town, OurBuryStEdmunds.
Those who want to guarantee their place on the ice on a particular date or give tickets as gifts are being encouraged to take advantage of the pre-booking facility before the general box office opens.
The ice rink will open from December 5, with visitors able to get their skates on every day, except Christmas Day, until January 3. During the first two weeks it will be possible to hire the rink for exclusive bookings.
Project lead and BID director Wil Bryant said: “We know that there are some dates that are going to be especially popular – the first day of the school holidays or Boxing Day for example – so we have opened up this special pre-booking facility ahead of the box office opening. If someone wants to ensure that they can skate on a particular date or time or is looking to buy tickets as a Christmas present for someone, I’d urge them to use this special pre-booking facility so that they’re not disappointed.”
You may also want to watch:
Adult tickets cost £8.50 for a session, which includes half an hour on the ice and skate hire, and can be booked over the phone or by email. Under-12s cost £5.50 and a family ticket for four including up to two adults is £22.50.
To book tickets or enquire about hiring the ice rink for a private group booking contact Jackie Regan on 01284 766258 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14