Boris Johnson to address nation after reports of second lockdown
- Credit: PA
Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to make an announcement at Downing Street this afternoon after it was reported that England could be put into a lockdown next week.
The PM will be flanked by chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance and chief medical officer Professor Chris Whitty when he addresses the nation at 5pm this afternoon.
The Times has today reported that the country is set to be placed into lockdown and that an announcement was due to take place on Monday.
However, after a Cabinet meeting which was reported to have taken place this lunchtime, Mr Johnson will now speak to the nation this afternoon.
It was reported that the lockdown could be enforced on Wednesday and last until December 1.
You may also want to watch:
According to The Times everything will close apart from essential shops and “educational settings”.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 4 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight