PM says 'matter closed' after rejecting calls to sack Matt Hancock
- Credit: PA
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has accepted Matt Hancock's apology after he admitted breaching social distancing guidelines and "considers matter closed".
Johnson has rejected calls to sack Hancock, saying he has full confidence in the health secretary despite the fact he was caught sharing a passionate kiss with Gina Coladangelo, 43, on May 6 when we were banned from getting close to those from other households or bubbles.
A spokesman for the Prime Minister said: "You've seen the Health Secretary's statement, so I would point you to that."
"I don't really have anything further to add.
"The Health Secretary set out that he accepted he had breached the social distancing guidelines and he has apologised for that.
"The Prime Minister has accepted the Health Secretary's apology and considers the matter closed."
You may also want to watch:
Asked whether Boris Johnson had "full confidence" in Mr Hancock, the spokesman replied: "Yes."
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk