Botesdale: Police and bomb disposal squad called to home
Bomb disposal experts have been at a north Suffolk home after a grenade was found.
Police were called to the property in Cherry Tree Lane, Botesdale at 1.55pm.
A device which was thought to be a hand grenade had been uncovered.
The house was evacuated as technicians worked to identify the munition.
The device was found to be an anti-tank grenade which had already been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
It was taken away by 4.15pm.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 4 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 5 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 6 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Witches take control at Lynn in opener
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 10 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes