Telepathic tortoise predicts England Euro 2020 triumph over Scotland
- Credit: Suffolk Rural
A telepathic tortoise predicting the results of the Euro 2020 tournament has foretold a Three Lions victory over Scotland.
Bowser the tortoise successfully predicted England's first result against Croatia last weekend, with his carers at Suffolk Rural - formerly Otley College - believing he may have psychic powers.
The land-based specialists hope he will follow in the footsteps of the legendary Paul the Octopus, who made waves across the globe for his accurate predictions during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
Testing his magic again earlier this week, the sulcata tortoise predicted victory for Gareth Southgate's men in their second group match against local rivals Scotland on Friday evening.
Craig Shimmon, marketing manager at the college, said: “For the sake of England fans, I hope that Bowser is correct. If he gets this one right, he may end up being the country's lucky charm.
“At the end of the day, it’s just a bit of fun. I’m not a massive football fan, so I hope that all the home nations involved do well and qualify for the next stage of the tournament,” he added.
Tia Welham, a 16-year-old animal studies student at the college, added: “I agree with Bowser and think England will win.”
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season