Boy, 12, suffers ‘life-changing’ injuries after Volkswagen Golf crashes into hedge
- Credit: Tom Potter
A 12-year-old boy is in hospital with life-changing injuries after a single-vehicle road accident in west Suffolk.
Firefighters cut free the youngster after a Volkswagen Golf ended up “embedded in a hedge” after the incident at the junction of the B1115 and Milden Road between Brent Eleigh and Milden shortly after 6pm yesterday, police said.
The boy was a front-seat passenger in the vehicle, which had other children seated inside and was being driven by a female parent, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
He described the boy’s injuries as “life-changing” but not life-threatening. He said the boy was speaking to paramedics before being taken by land ambulance to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
Firefighters had rescued the boy after cutting into the vehicle to release him by 7.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed in both directions last night while officers carried out an investigation to establish the cause of the accident.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan