Boy, 16, arrested in connection with Leiston firearms incident
- Credit: Google Maps
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested today in connection with a firearms incident in Leiston last month.
Police were called on Wednesday, May 30, at 11.45pm to reports that gunshots had been heard in Old Foundry Place in the town.
It is understood that four people approached a house and a firearm was discharged towards the front door of the property. Nobody was harmed as a result.
The four people then left the scene in a silver Volvo C70 car and drove off in the direction of the A12.
Officers followed and then pursued the vehicle from the A12 near Bredfield. The car stopped in the Ravenswood Avenue area of Ipswich and the occupants fled the scene. One man, believed to be the driver, was located nearby and detained by officers.
You may also want to watch:
Police investigating the incident have today arrested a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of attempted burglary and possession of a firearm with intent.
He has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre to be questioned by detectives.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
A 46-year-old man from Leiston was arrested on Thursday, May 31.
Jake Bristol, 46, of Valley Road, was subsequently charged with attempted burglary with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm, dangerous driving and for drug driving.
Bristol has been remanded into custody and is due to appear before Ipswich Crown Court on June 29.