Boy aged 15 is punched by robbers who tried to take his mobile phone in Harwich
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses following an attempted robbery in Harwich.
A 15-year-old boy, who lives in the town, was walking along Main Road at around 8pm on Tuesday when he was approached by two teenage boys who tried to take his mobile phone and punched him.
The victim defended himself and the boys made off without taking anything. The victim suffered facial injuries but did not require hospital treatment.
The suspects are described as white and aged between 15 and 16-years-old. One was wearing a large puffer style coat and the other was wearing a dark hooded top.
Ds Tim Coyles, of Clacton CID, said: “I would like anybody with any information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim defended himself so I would urge anyone who notices someone with an unaccounted facial injury to get in touch with officers at Clacton CID.”
Anybody who can help is asked to call Dc Claire March at Clacton CID on Essex Police 101.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 7 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 8 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said