Boy arrested and police officer allegedly assaulted during drugs raids
- Credit: Archant
Six people have been arrested – and a further two charged – in connection with alleged Class A drugs offences in Haverhill.
Their arrests come after officers executed warrants under the Misuse of Drugs act at two addresses in Sorrel Walk and Meadowsweet Close on Thursday, June 4.
A quantity of cash and suspected Class A drugs were seized during the raid.
The eight – which also included a 16-year-old boy – were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation centre for questioning by the Serious Crime Disruption Team.
Two of them – 49-year-old Kelly Atcheson of Sorrel Walk, and Leonard Whistlecraft, 40, of Meadowsweet Close – were charged with being concerned in the supply of cocaine.
You may also want to watch:
Both appeared before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Saturday, June 6, where Atcheson was remanded in custody and Whistlecraft was granted bail. They are both due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday, July 6.
A 20-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer, being concerned in the supply of a controlled drug and money laundering, while another woman, 31, was arrested on suspicion of drug and money laundering offences.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
Two men, aged 54 and 67, were both arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of a controlled drug, while a 67-year-old man and a 69-year-old woman were both arrested on suspicion of money laundering.
All six were released under investigation, pending further enquiries.