Boy, seven, seriously hurt in crash
A SEVEN-year-old boy has been badly injured in a collision with a car in Manningtree.
A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD boy has been badly injured in a collision with a car in Manningtree.
The youngster suffered serious head injuries while riding a scooter in Quay Street at its junction with The Walls outside the Crown pub at around 3.30pm today.
The driver of a black Kia Sportage 4x4 involved in the accident, who was in his 40s, was not injured in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
The boy, who is local to the area, was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge where his condition was described as stable.
The road was closed for around two and a half hours while emergency services worked at the scene.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Stanway Traffic Unit on 01206 762512.