Boy, seven, seriously hurt in crash
A SEVEN-year-old boy has been badly injured in a collision with a car in Manningtree.
A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD boy has been badly injured in a collision with a car in Manningtree.
The youngster suffered serious head injuries while riding a scooter in Quay Street at its junction with The Walls outside the Crown pub at around 3.30pm today.
The driver of a black Kia Sportage 4x4 involved in the accident, who was in his 40s, was not injured in the crash.
The boy, who is local to the area, was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge where his condition was described as stable.
The road was closed for around two and a half hours while emergency services worked at the scene.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 3 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 4 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 5 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 6 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Stanway Traffic Unit on 01206 762512.