Police hunt gang of jewel thieves – Audi linked to violent home invasion
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police are searching for a white Audi used by a gang of four burglars who invaded two homes and threatened one resident with a knife.
Detectives are linking the burglary in Braintree and the aggravated burglary in Uttlesford on Sunday, September 1.
Four men forced entry to an address in London Road, Great Notley, at about 9.10pm, stole jewellery from the property and left 10 minutes later in a white Audi Q2.
A short time later, at about 9.50pm, Essex Police received a report that four men travelling in a white Audi Q2 had forced entry to an address in West Road, Stansted.
It was also reported that one of the occupants was threatened with a knife, while other occupants were assaulted and verbally threatened.
You may also want to watch:
A number of jewellery items were taken. One victim was treated for minor injuries.
A force spokesman said: "Our detectives would like to speak to anyone who has information about either incident, or if you were in the areas around the time and witnessed any suspicious behaviour or have dash cam footage.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
"We're also keen to hear from anyone who lives on either of the roads or neighbouring streets and have Ring doorbell footage." Anyone with information is asked to contact Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously, quoting 42/140694/19 for the Great Notley incident or 42/140397/19 for the Stansted incident.