Braintree: Driver is freed from vehicle by fire service following accident
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Firefighters had to free a driver from a vehicle in the early hours of this morning after it was involved in a collision in Braintree.
The fire service was called to help at the scene in Avenue East Skyline by ambulance service paramedics.
The accident involved one vehicle, a blue Vauxhall car, which had left the road and ended up on a roundabout at the junction with the A120 near the Branocs Tree Hungry Horse.
Two fire appliances from Braintree were called to the scene at 5.26am.
Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to remove the vehicle’s roof to free the trapped casualty, who was left in the care of the ambulance team.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police said the driver had suffered a bang to the head, adding his injuries are not believed to be serious.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn