Braintree: Driver swerves to avoid object thrown from bridge
- Credit: Archant
A DRIVER has had to swerve to miss a piece of wood thrown from the footbridge over the A120 at Braintree yesterday.
Police officers are asking parents to ensure that it is not their children committing this dangerous act.
At about 2.30pm yesterday a driver reported she had to swerve when a small piece of wood was dropped from footbridge over the A120, near the B1417 Rayne Road, and she thought that it was a child/youth who had dropped the item.
Police immediately searched the area, using both local officers and the force helicopter but no one was found.
Chief Inspector Rachel Nolan said: “This is serious, and it is fortunate that this incident did not result in any injuries. These children may think it is just a game but it is very stupid and dangerous.
“I would ask parents to please talk to your children and make sure that it is not them committing this offence.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Braintree police station on 101.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 6 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 7 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 8 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 9 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week