Braintree: Information appeal after woman appeared to be ‘forced’ into car
- Credit: Archant
Police in Essex are appealing for information following reports a young woman appeared to be forced into a car in Braintree.
A number of people called officers and described seeing the incident in Clare Road at about 6.20pm on Saturday.
Some reported, however, that the woman appeared unsteady on her feet and might have been taken home by people she knew.
Police searched the area but found no trace of the people or the vehicle, a small, silver, X-registered Fiat or Ford KA with black bumpers, involved in the incident.
The woman was described as being between 18 and 25-years-old, about 5ft 7in and of skinny build, possibly in the early stages of pregnancy. She had shoulder-length brown hair, spoke with a local accident and was wearing a red top and blue jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses said two men, both in their early 20s, were responsible for ‘forcing’ the woman into the car. One was white, about 5ft 8in, of stocky build and with short dark hair. He had distinctive buck teeth with a gap between them and spoke with a local accent.
The second man was of medium build, tanned and spoke with an Eastern European accent. He was wearing jeans and white trainers.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
Detectives are investigating the incident and want to hear from anyone with information. They also want to hear from the two men if they knew the woman and had taken her home for her own safety.
Anyone who can help should contact officers at Braintree CID on 101.