Braintree: Jewellery worth £7,000 stolen from property for sale in Coggeshall Road
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds worth of jewellery has been stolen from a property up for sale in Braintree after a viewing earlier that day.
The owner of the Coggeshall Road property noticed that jewellery and watches worth about £7,000 had been taken from her bedroom after a woman viewed the property twice that day.
Pc Sarah Robinson, the officer investigating the case, said: “The woman viewing the property gave a false name and address. She was reluctant to provide the estate agents with her details and may have given them a false telephone number.”
The suspect is described as white, in her 30s and had dark brown hair worn in a ponytail.
Pc Robinson added: “I would like to urge anyone who is selling their home to follow this crime prevention advice. Always accompany potential buyers throughout a viewing, following them into each room and never allow them or their partners to wander off on their own to other parts of the property.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about this theft is asked to contact Pc Robinson on Essex Police 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14